- The following Terms of Service set out the legal rights and obligations in relation to the services provided by Storm Fitness Academy Ltd. Storm Fitness Academy Ltd reserves the right to amend these terms of service at any time. Every time you enrol with us or make a purchase, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. If you don’t understand any part of these terms and conditions and want to talk to us about it, or if you require further details, please contact the Storm Fitness Academy Team by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01273 613014
- Storm Fitness Academy Ltd, Southwick Leisure Centre, Old Barn Way, Southwick, Brighton, West Sussex, BN42 4NT
Our qualifications are delivered via blended learning, a combination of face to face workshops, online learning, and live webinars. Candidates who successfully complete all of their learning assessments are awarded either diplomas or certification credentials that are widely recognised in the UK and other countries. The qualifications are recognised by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (“CIMSPA”), and the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) and are endorsed by Active IQ, one of the U.K.’s leading awarding bodies in the Active Leisure Sector.
The e-learning courses are delivered directly through Active IQs study portal. This website is owned and operated by Active IQ, which is located at Dryden House, St John’s St, Huntingdon PE29 3NU.
Our workshops, designed by the Storm Fitness Academy Team, are opportunities to learn from more experienced trainers and network with other fitness professionals. They do not have any endorsements and are not qualifications but you will be provided with an e-certificate after completion of your workshop.
Enrolment and assessment
- You must provide us with evidence that you meet all of the entry requirements for the course. You understand that if you do not provide us with these or your prerequisites do not meet the awarding body’s specifications you cannot be formally assessed or certificated at the end of your course.
- You have the right to appeal any assessment decision is you so desire, see our appeals procedure HERE.
- You must complete all your work to the best of your ability and within specific deadlines. You have a maximum of 12 months from the date of enrolment to complete all qualifications you enrol onto. It is your responsibility to monitor and ensure you meet your course enrolment deadline.
- Our office hours are Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm (closed on bank holidays). We will endeavour to answer any enquiries we receive out of those hours on the next working day.
- Storm Fitness Academy reserves the right to change the training venue, delivery model, and/or your tutor if necessary.
- You may contact your tutor/assessor via email but please do not ask for their personal mobile numbers.
- We endeavour to mark/assess all submitted assignment portfolios within 10 working days of submission.
- Once all your qualification assignments have been assessed and have passed assessment they will then be forwarded to our internal verifier who will second mark/assess all of your assignments within 10 working days of when she receives them.
- If your assignments successfully pass internal verification then we will then certificate you with the awarding body, who may also request to mark/assess your assignments again (third marking).
- Once all your assignments have been passed by the assessor, internal verifier and external verifier you will be certificated. We will keep you informed throughout the process
- This timeline from submitting your last assignment to receiving your certificate can take up 10 weeks.
Additional Fees and Charges
- If you lose or damage your training manual(s) any replacements are chargeable.
- The name and address you enter onto your course enrolment form is the name and address used to process your certificate. Failure to inform us of any changes may incur an additional certification and postage charge of £30.
- For each course that you enroll in Storm Fitness Academy will allow, free of charge, 1 (one) re-assessment of each worksheet/assignment submitted by you. For any subsequent further re-assessment of worksheets, you will be charged £20 per worksheet, per re-submission.
- Assessors can answer questions and signpost towards additional learning resources but are unable to provisionally mark or review assignments prior to submission.
- For subsequent re-assessment of worksheets Storm Fitness Academy will not commence any re-assessment activity until all due re-assessment fees have been paid in full.
- Any requested changes to training day attendances including workshops, webinars, or exams will be liable to an administration fee of £30.
- An additional one to one support is charged at £30 per hour, we must receive a minimum of 24 hours notice for any reschedule or cancellation or you will be charged full price for the booking.
- The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd attempts of your theory exams are included in your course fees. However, further re-sits after that are charged at £30 per exam.
- Practical assessments are also included in your course fees. However, if you refer on your assessment there will be a charge of £30 to book another assessment.
- You will not be certificated at the end of your course if there are any unpaid invoices on your account.
Cancelling goods and services
- Your right to cancel an order for any of our products or services starts from the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods or have accessed your learning materials.
- You will get a refund within 14 days of Storm Fitness Academy receiving your learning materials, or you providing evidence of having returned them (for example, a proof of postage receipt from the post office), whichever is the sooner.
- If you want to download any digital content within the 14 day cancellation period you must agree to waive your cancellation rights.
- If you are paying your course fees by direct debit and are late paying under the Agreement or if you miss a payment you could end up paying more for the loan than you expect to because we will charge you £12.00 on each occasion your payment is late or missed. If you make a payment to us by cheque or postal order and the cheque/postal order is not honoured, or if you make payment to us by debit, credit or charge card and the payment is subsequently declined or recalled, we will charge you £12.00 on each occasion this occurs.
- Some links on this site are affiliate links – which means that if you click on the advertiser’s link and make a purchase, Storm Fitness Academy will earn a small commission fee. This helps us to cover website costs and does not increase the price of your purchase.
We may amend these Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to make a booking with us, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time.
The Storm Fitness Academy Team.